Want to make a real difference in your community? Help prevent child sexual abuse!
The silent epidemic is taking place all around us but you can help bring it to an end by simply making sure that people start talking about it. The more we bring child sexual abuse out into the open, the more likely we can prevent it and can properly support victims.
Volunteers are needed for a variety of projects:
- Meet with and assist your local school system administration to ensure that Erin’s Law is being properly implemented on your local level after it becomes effective in your state.
- If you are a survivor of sexual assault, a family member or friend of a victim, speak out! Share your experience and help others who may still be struggling.
- Find speakers and arrange public speaking opportunities for them with school districts, PTAs, churches and other local community organizations to educate school personnel, parents and the general public about how to prevent child sexual abuse, support victims and promote resources.
- Contact your local media and encourage them to broadcast/publish stories about child sexual assault problems and solutions.
- Assist child sexual abuse victims and their families to find the emotional, legal and financial resources they need to overcome sexual assaults.
- Obtain and raise funds from financial sponsors and the public to finance educational outreach efforts.
There are many more things you can do, as well. Please contact us with your ideas and comments.